On Apr 8, 2008, at 6:30 AM, coughlinsmyalias wrote:

I have heard about loading them at the end of the page, I would love
to see statistics on it as well. I understand this all now, I kept
seeing both and I was confused each of them.

When possible JavaScript should be loaded in the end of the page. Browsers stop rendering while JavaScript file loads. Browsers download only one JavaScript file at the time blocking also any new parallel downloads of other elements.

Thus when moving all scripts just before closing body tag will make page finish rendering sooner.

--
Mika Tuupola
http://www.appelsiini.net/