>  Hi,
>  I'm relatively new to using JQuery so maybe making a newbie error bt
>  can't see where.
>
>  I've installed the JQuery Cycle Plugin on the homepage of a website
>  I've built and it works perfectly in Firefox, Safari, and IE7 but it
>  crashes IE6.
>
>  I have used this plugin before and it worked perfectly in all browsers
>  and I can't see that I've done anything different.
>
>  The line that is causing the crash is:
>  code>
>
>  When I comment this line out IE6 loads the page. I can't find any
>  documentation on a bug in this plugin so I'm at a loss.
>
>  This is the page that crashes:
>  http://www.admgroup.entadsl.com/bg_bags/index.php
>
>  and this is the website for the plugin I'm using:
>  http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/
>
>  If anyone can help???????
>
>  Kirsty

Looks like you copied my example page, but you've got some extra cruft
in there.

This is how I drive my demo pages:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
    // run the code in the markup!
    $('code').each(function() {
         eval($(this).text());
</script>

but I only code it that way to ensure that my examples are accurate.
And in your case you have an extra script tag that is unneeded:

But really you should change all that code and write it the easy way.
All you need is the following:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
    $('#s1').cycle();