hey i may not have many experience, but i think you cannot access the
iframes inner properties, i think is caused due to security reasons
the iframe tag can be referenced as any other one, but for some reason
you cant access whats inside
was this what you need it?

why do you use an iframe anyway?
if you are using AJAX for your database, why bother having an iframe?
you may want to look the problem from another way around, and skip the
iframe part