Brandon - I solved my problem *temporarily* by using the callback
function on ajaxComplete - however I have still not been able to
simply define an event subscriber that rebinds to the 'a' tags inside
of my newly .load(ed) container div. As Alexandre pointed out it's
unclear whether I should be binding to the load event or the clicking
of an 'a' tag. Is it possible to register two subscribers to the same
event ? See code below.

$(document).ready(function() {
    $("a")
        .livequery("click", function(){
            //insert a url filter here so we don't load external pages
the div
            $div = ' #container';
            $url = $(this).attr('href') + $div;
            $title = $(this).attr('title');
            $(".body_content_l").load($url).ajaxComplete($
(document.title = $(this).attr("title")));
            return false;