Hi, I'll start off with throwing a warning out there: I'm a newbie :)

Okay, so my problem is this:
I have a div with id=”tooltip”, several divs with unique ids and
lastly a js file with JSON content.
(Part of) my JSON looks like this

({
                "class": "Priest Of Mitra",
                "items": [
                {
                        "name": "Lance Of Mitra",
                        "tree": "divinity",
                        "tier": 0,
                        "column": 3,
                        "maxRank": 5,
                        "description": {
                                "base": "New Spell: Sends out a lance that hits
all targets in a
column."
                        },
                        "id": "lanceOfMitraDivinity",
                }
                  ]
})

and what I'm trying to achieve is that when you mouseover the div with
id="lanceOfMitraDivinity" the tooltip changes like $
('#tooltip').text(”description” from JSON).
The thing is, first of all I have several spells like the one above in
my JSON, so what I need is for my script to compare the JSON ”id”
field with whatever is moused over, and when they match, change the
content of #tooltip.

The thing I need some help with is the comparison part. As I said I'm
a newbie and still learning to use this JSON thing.

If you need any more information please just tell me.

Thanks
eid