I just posted something around problems with IE counting an object
variable size differently than FF does.

I dont know how to fix it without changing the $.each() statement with
a for() loop.

                                for(i=0; i<J.length-1; i++){
                                        alert (J.length);
                                }

this works.

But this code below makes IE think J.length is larger by 1, compared
to FF. Because of that, IE throws a fatal error in its last loop,
since J is no longer defined.

                                $(J).each(function(i){
                                        alert (J.length);
                                });

Am I wrong to assume that his each() function from jquery should
behave exactly the same way across browsers?

I'm sure there is something I'm missing, I just don't know what.