As a follow-up to my question, I found this method
that utilizes regular JS, but I'd like to be able to
cause any link with a certain id to act as a "Submit Link".

Here's the code I found to create a text submit link:

<!--
function getsupport ( selectedtype )
{
  document.supportform.supporttype.value = selectedtype ;
  document.supportform.submit() ;
}
-->
</script>

<form name="supportform" method="post" action="yourscriptname.cgi">

<input type="hidden" name="supporttype" />

Thanks for any help in changing this to jQuery!

Rick