Our tree will potentially change within the time that someone is using
it. In fact, the user will be creating and saving new nodes; Other
users will be creating and saving new nodes. Both users need to be
able to refresh the tree to see nodes added by themselves and others.

The async tree starts as an empty <ul></ul>. We want to return to that
initial state when we click a refresh button. A completely clean
slate, then reload with the fresh data as if we had just opened it for
the first time.