A few weeks ago, I started to use the Cycle plugin on a site, mostly
with just the 'fade' effect. It worked beautifully.

The site development then stalled until recently as I waited on some
content from my client, and when I returned to the site today, I
noticed that the Cycle fades were now flickering like crazy in Safari.
In between those two moments in time, I didn't change any code, but I
believe that I upgraded my Safari browser to 3.1 on my Mac.

As a troubleshooting step, I upgraded from jQuery 1.2.1 to 1.2.3 and
upgraded to the most recent version of the Cycle plugin, but
experienced no improvement.

When I went to the Cycle plugin site to get the most recent version, I
discovered that several of the demo animations on the site also
flicker in Safari. So it seems like it's not a question of my
implementation of the code.

Anyone else experience this? Is there something that I can do on my
end to fix this, or is it a bug that needs to be sorted out between
jQuery and WebKit?

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.