The company I work for is interested in using jQuery in a software
project. However in order to do so we have to perform due dilergence
checks that the code in jQuery meets the terms of its license. I
realise that jQuery is offered under dual MIT and GPL licenses which
is great.

However, is any review performed of contributions made to the code to
understand whether the contributor has the right to redistribute the
code or does the maintainer accept contributions without asking these
types of questions?

Also, are contributors required to accept/sign any kind of
contributor’s statement?  If yes could someone provide a copy?