Playing with the script some more, i discovered a bug:
when created, the first gallery sets wrongly the content above the
image (the red box). COntents are pulled from the alt="" images'
attribute.
today it's friday, i'll think about it on monday.
but i must admit myself, i am pretty satisfied about the result; it
could be an anternative.

Have a nice weekend
GC