Hey all,

I've gone through some of the more obvious resources on creating
jQuery Plugins (Mike Alsop's Plugin pattern, the documentation on
docs.jquery.com, etc.) and I think I have a handle on things. There
are a few things for which I can't seem to find a good explanation.

First, I notice that much of the jQuery UI widgets make use of the
dataCache (http://docs.jquery.com/Core/data#name) to keep references
to things but I can't find anything that describes how or why you'd
want to do such a thing.

Second, the latest versions of jQuery UI (1.5?) uses the same sort of
overloading that jQuery itself uses to simplfy the interaface. See,
for example, the interface for Tabs (http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Tabs).
I like this pattern and I could implement it myself, but I'm hoping
that there is a standard, simple way to implement it.

Can anyone help me with these two things?

Adam