I've been searching for a solution to this issue but have failed
repeatedly so I'm hoping someone can help. I want to transition the
background color to fade in to a "hover" color on mouseover and I want
the color to stay until mouseout where it fades back to the non-hover
color. Every plugin or example I've found "pulses",  -- where it will
transition but then changes back -- or "cycles" back and forth
repeatedly between colors --  but I can't find any way to just fade
from the regular background color to a hover color and stay the
"hover" color while the mouse is over. I've seen some references to <a
href="http://interface.eyecon.ro/";>jQuery Interface</a>, but that's
been down for a while now.

Thanks.