Think I'm out of luck here, but I'm looking for a grid system that has bells and whistles similar to flexigrid (http://webplicity.net/flexigrid/), but with the ability to edit the cell contents. Some cells would be simple text, while others would need to be look up lists (<select> tags are fine)... Anything out there like that? Or do I need to grab jEditable and build my own?

jqGrid (http://www.trirand.com/blog/) has a lot of bells and whistles, and you can edit the cell content.
(ps I've asked the list a few months ago, but am hoping something has changed tween now and then.... )

Don't know about that. jqGrid has been around for some time now.