> Please feel free to tell me why its good, why its bad and how it can
> be improved.

I had to do something similar, but used the jQuery treeview and added
the checkboxes myself. Neither yours nor mine really deal with the
check box hierarchy in a very intuitive way. When only some of the
boxes under a node are checked, it seems like that node's checkbox
does not behave right.

In Windows you get the gray tristate checkbox for those situations.
Clicking the checkbox in that state checks it and selects all
descendants; clicking it again clears it and deselects all
descendants. I didn't implement that but I did feel guilty about
it. :-)