I have two radio buttons on a form - one to select payment by card, another to select an alternate method.

I'm using Jorn's validation plugin to validate the credit card fields but ONLY IF the credit card radio is ticked:

"CCType": { required: $("#paycredit").is(":checked") }

However, this isn't working quite right - the button is checked by default when the page loads. I uncheck it, and it STILL executes the validation. If, on the other hand, I load the page with the ALTERNATE button ticked, the validation proceeds as expected and doesn't validate the credit card fields.

I'm a version or two behind on the plugin but I wondered what the correct fix for this was? I'm thinking I might have the syntax wrong.....

Regards,
Michael Price