I am getting this error and and logically I do not understand why
should it be (ofcourse my logic is wrong somewhere).

I have a php file(php5) that has code to parse XML DOM and it has a
line where I use

element->item(0)->getAttribute("src");

it works fine, the echoed content has the code generated for ajax
request as I expect it to but when I inject the echoed html on my page
I get this error getAttribute is not a function. Now what I dont
understand is that the getAttribute I used in parsing XML was at
server and the echoed content is plain html and the jquery is on my
computer. Then why this error???

Other weired thing is that the error disappears sometimes and
everything works OK. I see this error in Firebug. In IE there is no
error but it does not work either.

I did google for some info on this but not much to help me.

Does anyone have any idea on this error. I can provide you more info
if someone would like to help me with this.

thanks everyone!