Randy, no one will be able to see your test page on localhost. Can you put
it on a public site?

>From looking at your code, the "mycl=undefined" happens because
$('#project').attr("value") returns undefined. The likely reasons for this
would be either that $('#project') does not return any elements, or that it
does return the proper element but the attr() method is not finding a value
attribute.

An easy way to test this would be to put a debugger; statement right before
your code, load the page in Firefox with Firebug enabled, and then poke
around in the debugger. For example, you could enter:

$('#project')

to find out what that function really returns - does it just display [] (an
empty array) or does it have the expected element inside the brackets?

Also, is your code inside a ready function - either:

$(function() { ...your code here... });

or:

$(document).ready(function() { ...your code here... });

(Those do exactly the same thing; it's just a matter of style which one you
prefer.)

-Mike

> Here is my first issue:

http://localhost/cf/cftask/jq_clientsites.cfm?mycl=undefined&_id=client&_nam
e=client&_value=1

> mycl is undefined.  I cannot seem to get it to work.
>
> Here is the code:

$('#client').chainSelect('#clientsite','jq_clientsites.cfm?mycl='+$('#projec
t').attr("value"),
>     {
>         before:function (target) //before request hide the target combobox
and display the loading message