I'm not understanding why you would want to "resize" everything via JS. Wouldn't it be a helluvalot easier to use CSS with a percentage value for height/width?

There are a more than a few articles on this on the web. A quick google search will show you what you need. Try something like "css fluid layout"

There is a time and place to use code/js, but just scaling things to fit the screen is not one of them. (IMO - with a couple potential exceptions.... :) )

my thoughts.

Shawn

Sid wrote:
One way would be to restrict your display to 800x600, ie on bigger
screens the entire thing just centers itself.

Another way is what u want to do,resize the entire thing. Thats what
im doing with my webpage at http://sid-deswa.110mb.com

I use JS to calculate the appropriate length and width, and jquery
shapes the divs