You're right, it does, I changed the id for the submit button from
id="submit" to id="submit_button" and it works as intended. I wasn't aware
that 'submit' wasn't allowed; I did see the alert() about that in the source
code but it didn't actually trigger so I never got the error message, and
didn't think anything of it.

Thanks so much for the help (and quickly) and thanks for a brilliant plugin
Mike.