I'm trying to trigger an event only when a condition is met,

        $(document).ready(function() {
                $('#leftScroll').click(function() {
                                $('#scrollContent')
                                .animate(
                                        {
                                                left: '+=900'
                                        },
                                        'slow');

I only want '#scrollContent' to move if its position is not 'left: 10'

I've tried using .offset() and .position() both with no luck

if($('#scrollContent').position() != left: 10) { do stuff} else { do nothing
}

I'm familiar with ActionScript conditional principles but I get no results
when I try here.

any help would be greatly appreciated...