I know I can get the CSS value for a standard CSS properties
For instance $('#myelement').css('Width")

But I want to create my own CSS properties
eg: (Css Entry)
a1FormDate
{
a1Type:Date
a1Required:True
}

The problem is that if I try and retrieve this value by the above
methods I get a null value from Firefox and Opera. IE seems to work OK

It would be good if I could get CSS value without knowing class. The
only way I have seen to so this is outside of jquery by creating an
array and manually searching it via document.stylesheets DOM elements.

I am trying to encapsulate application design so that is entirely
editable by HTML and stylesheets. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.