Thanks,
In the second link there was never a good answer... I don't need error
messages, I want to know in code if I should or shouldn't load jQuery.

The reason I want to add the reference to jQuery and checking is that
other people are going to use the control in their project, so on one
hand I don't want to tell them what to put on their page but on the
other hand I don't want to load the jQuery twice.

So, is it possible to do this?

THanks again