I set up jquery cycle on my local server first. Everything works
great. When I was finally pleased with the very last detail, I put it
up on the live server. Now it is not acting right.

I am using the fade effect.

Now it fades to white for a bit (longer then the pause on the test
server) and then goes to the next image.

I am bringing the images/text in through an xml feed, but my test
environment was an exact close of the live one.

I'm leaning towards a server setting, but I don't have access to
change those. Does anyone know a good workaround to the parameters to
get it to appear correctly online?