Hi guys,

I'm looking for a "cool" alternative to the normal HTML select
dropdown box. Preferrably some javascript code that will take the
existing HTML select code and generate a dropdown widget or something.
A necessary feature that I'm also looking at is that the "dropdown"
container displaying the options should be able to be wider than the
element/widget itself and should render this way in all major
browsers. I've tried this with a normal select element and CSS, but
only got the desired results in FF.

I've almost got it working in EXT JS using their combobox object, but
I'm still having issues with displaying default "Select one..." text.

Here is an image of what I've got so far -
http://www.w3sandbox.com/ie7_combo.jpg

Is this possible in jQuery? I've tried to find some solution, but
without luck so far.

Thanks
ettiene