To: "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:01 AM
Subject: [jQuery] Memory Leak?

Hi,

I don't really know if this is a jQuery issue or a Firefox issue... I
have an internal status page that polls a monitoring system every few
seconds to fetch a JSON[0] document with details of current network
status. I use that to populate a <ul>, having first call .empty() on
it.

Overnight, my FF process has grown to 1.5GB!

Is there something I need to do or avoid doing to stop this? The page
is reloaded (using meta refresh) every 5 minutes, so whatever it is
survives across page reloads.

Can anyone recommend any article or guidance to avoid this type of
problem? Googling seems to only turn up things for browser end-users.

Thanks in advance,

Howie

[0] actually, not quite, thanks to the clunky scripting language in
the monitoring system, so I tweak it afterwards.