Hi all,

Feel free to refer me to a FAQ if I've missed one.

Where 'a' is a jquery object representing a div element, I have
        a.("#" + a.attr('id') + " .personal").text()
in my code. I would expect that this would return only the text of the
descendant node with the class "personal," but I receive back the text
of the '#id' node. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Also, I've got that self-referential selector because I have been
unable
to find either 1) a jquery method that allows me to grab all the
descendants of a and then filter them, or 2) a selector that allows me
to refer to the current element. (Will a quoted "this" do that?)

Thanks