Thanks for the pointer! Say, is there a way this functionality could
be integrated into jQuery itself? I also think that the structure is
still a little awkward, but I'm glad someone thought of it already.
Can I chain like this?

$.rule('a{text-decoration:none}','style').rule('h2{text-
align:center}','style').rule...

Also consider that you may want to distinguish between one window's
document and another's, as in:

$(document).rule(...)
$("iframe#f1").rule(...)

These might be considered. Also in the demos it is unclear whether the
style rule is added to the FIRST tag called "style" or ALL of them,
since your page contains only one. This makes a difference, because
the style listed last in the document is the one that gets applied.