$('span').addclass('red');

"addClass" has to be camel case - javascript is case-sensitive.

-- Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "weegekid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:48 AM
Subject: [jQuery] Basic newbie question - ''Object doesn't support this property or method"

Hi All,

I'm just starting out trying to learn JQuery and I have a very Newbie
question.  I've tried to use the following code to get the link to
change the span text red but get an 'Object doesn't support this
property or method' error when I click the link:

--code--

<script language="javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
$("a[rel='redlink']").bind('click', function() {
$('span').addclass('red');

</script>
.red {
color: red;
}
</head>
dolor sit amet,</span> quis nostrud exercitation. Cupidatat non
proident.</p>

--end code--

Thanks for any explanation! Again, I'm just a newbie starting out.