Are you loading that xml file locally? That may be the problem:

try something like this for local xml file access:

if($.browser.msie && location.toString().indexOf('file') == 0) { //
stupid IE won't load local xml files with XMLHttpRequest
                                var xml = document.createElement("xml");
                                xml.validateOnParse = false; //avoid DTD errors
(if it's an issue)
                                xml.src = path;
                                xml.onreadystatechange = function()
                                        {
                                        if(xml.readyState == "interactive")  {
var xmldoc =
xml.XMLDocument; document.body.removeChild(xml);callback(); }
                                        }
                                document.body.appendChild(xml);
                                }
Hope it helps