I'm using the following code to plug empty input fields' "alt" attributes in
as their values as soon as the page is ready:

$(":text[alt][value=''],textarea[alt][value='']").each(function(){
        $(this).attr("value",$(this).attr("alt"));
});

The problem is, it's not working on the input fields in a form set to
display:none. When the form is visible on load, everything works as
expected, and as well when I include alert($(this).attr("alt")); in the loop
it displays the appropriate values for those fields even if the form isn't
visible. Any ideas as to why it wouldn't be plugging the alt's into the
inputs when set to display:none?