Jeff -

Safari 2 has serious memory issues that are impossible to work around
- simply loading and executing too much JavaScript will cause it to
crash (as you see with the test suite). We do run the test suite
against Safari 2 but in pieces to verify that it works as intended.
Yes, we still support Safari 2.

--John