Enrique,

>thank you, I'll test that and check speed for local 6.000 options (our
>customers/vendors)...

Replacing 6,000 items is going to be slow. Quite frankly, that's a job for
AJAX. A select element w/6,000 items not only is a lot of content to push to
the client, it's a usability nightmare. That's really a perfect candidate
for AJAX.

If you really require unobtrusive JS, from a UI standpoint I think you'd be
better breaking that list down for the user (either by splitting things up
alphabetically or by categories.) You can then always replace that with the
autocomplete box if JS is enabled.

-Dan