Hi Joern,

I have come across an interesting problem regarding your jQuery
Validation script that I am sure you already have a solution to, but I
can't find it!

I need the validation rules to look at the form input IDs rather than
the form input names. I have a form that iterates 10 times, so the the
names of the inputs increment by 1 each time, whilst the IDs stay the
same. (This is not my doing, so I have to live with the naming
convention!)

For example:

Form1 has input names field1_1, field2_1, field3_1 and input ids
field1, field2, field3
Form2 has input names field1_2, field2_2, field3_2 and input ids
field1, field2, field3

I originally thought your jQuery Validation script looked at the IDs
on the page, so the same validation rules would apply for field1
whether on form1 or form2. However this is not the case.

How do I change your script to look at the ID?

Thanks,
Simon