This has been fixed in svn and will be in the next release (1.5.1, due
tomorrow). The work-around for 1.5 is to set the distance option to a value
greater than 0 (in 1.5.1 the default is 1). Example:

$("#myList").sortable({
  distance: 1
});

This will allow clicks to go through, and won't start sorting until the
mouse is dragged at least 1px. Do let us know if you're experiencing a
different issue than this fixes. Thanks.

- Richard

Richard D. Worth
http://rdworth.org/