Sid wrote on 6/28/2008 8:31 PM:
What I basically want to achieve is that on clicking the submit
button, the data is posted to the php file without any noticeable
difference happening to my page. The response etc will be taken care
of by my code. Any ideas?

If you submit the request via XHR, then the page can remain the same (with the div refreshed) while the data is sent to the server. Just note that if your site is entirely driven from a single page using XHR, then I hear you should be careful of memory leaks; not sure how relevant that advice is anymore with the newer browsers.

- Bil