jQuery Newbie question.

I work for a state government and need to display a message letting
the user know a link is to an external site.  In the past I have
obviously used a javascript alert() but would rather use something
nicer which could hopefully allow the use of a background image and
readable text.

I have been playing around with the dialog piece of the jquery ui but
find that it is beyond my skill level at this point.  If you have some
code (or can point me to some code)  that would
a.  Display a dialog box when a link of a certain type was clicked in
the center of the browser window.
b.  Contain confirmation buttons in the dialog.  If either buttons
were clicked, the dialog box would be hidden or destroyed.
c.  If the Yes button was clicked I would like to open the link they
were clicking on.

Thank you very much for reading this message and in advance for your
assistance,

Michael