>Hmmm...that hasn't come up for me yet.  Seems like the way you're doing it
>would be the way to go for now.
>
>Maybe in the next jQuery version they could add a key "internalTrigger" or
>something like that to the event object when the trigger method is run.

Needing to determine the difference is a corner case, but it's an issue I've
run into from time-to-time. For example, I've got a plug-in where I've got a
click event set to toggle the current visibility of an element. However, if
I call that event programmatically I always want to make sure that it
"shows" the element (and doesn't toggle the state.)

As I said, it's a corner case but one I've run into a few times in the past
6 months.

-Dan