Normally I'd agree, but the real problem isn't so much the cost as the
bureaucracy involved in licensing software here, even if it only does
cost $20. I tried to talk the boss into making a donation to jQuery on
the grounds that it's getting more and more use on our site, the
development effort deserved acknowledgement and it couldn't hurt
publicity wiae, but while he agreed he turned me down because the
paperwork would have been rejected.