Attached is a patch that I think would be useful. It allows for the
following code:

$('.MyTooltips').cluetip({ autoid: true, local: true      });

To me, it seems to make sense, as long as you are willing to name the
tooltip text with the cluetip_ prefix on the id tag.  This allows the
various attributes to function as they are designed without conflict...