On Jul 8, 1:39 pm, Mike Alsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi there, I have just made a very simple slideshow with the fantastic
> > Cycle plugin. I have 5 images, and each time you click an image, it
> > fades out and advances to the next one.
>
> > What I want to happen is that when you click on the last one, it
> > launches a URL. I can get the slideshow to stop when it gets to the
> > end (nowrap) and I can fire an event when it gets there (end) but that
> > only works when the slideshow is animating automatically. The "end"
> > event doesn't fire when using "next".
>
> > Can anyone help me? Surely something like this is nice and simple?
>
> You could use the 'after' callback.  Details here:
>
> http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/after.html
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike, but I'm a little new to this, and the solution isn't
immediately obvious.

The "after" option is listed as a "transition callback (scope set to
element that was shown)". The demo you linked to has "after: onAfter"
- is onAfter an event that is triggered? How do I capture that event?

Sorry, this is about the 2nd thing I have done with jQuery :>