I figured out a workaround for this.

I don't think it is the best way but it will have to do until I figure out
how to do it another way.

I just created all the initial variables as one structure then passed them
into the jquery.flash plugin after converting them into the correct format.

If someone knows a better way please let me know about it.

workaround:

 jQuery.fn.test = function(options) {
         var settings = jQuery.extend({
               src: "Viewer.swf",
               menu: false,
               wmode: 'Opaque',
               width: 270,
               height: 280,
               ImagePath: "/myImagePath/",
               xmlPath : "/mtyXmlPath/",
               intX: 0,
               intY: 0
              // ... Plus around 16 other vars.
            }, options);

         var embedsettings = {
          src      : settings.src,
          menu     : settings.menu,
          wmode    : settings.wmode,
          width    : settings.width,
          height   : settings.height,
          flashvars: {
                    ImagePath: settings.ImagePath,
                    xmlPath: settings.xmlPath,
                    intX: settings.intX,
                    intY: settings.intY

       $(this).flash(embedsettings,{ version: 9 });

--
Emo Philips  - "I got some new underwear the other day. Well, new to me."