I have the following code that loads on $(document).ready:

$('.ajaxdropdown').change(function(){
                        $('#charges-gsm, #charges-gsm-faq,
#charges-gsm-prices').load('/
mobell/includes/html/gsm-tariff.php?c_name='+escape($(this).val()));

Its pretty self explanatory, but to summarise I have three divs on my
page - (#charges-gsm, #charges-gsm-faq & #charges-gsm-prices) which
update with the content of the ajax load.
The trigger for this event is from dropdowns on the page, which have
the class '.dropdown'.

All works well in Firefox & Safari, but in IE (6&7) I get no content
in my divs and the following error:

'nodeName' is null or not an object

I've narrowed it down to the line that mentions .ajaxdropdown, so I
think its because IE is having trouble finding the element, but I've
tried putting other selectors in instead of .ajaxdropdown, and its the
same error.

Can anyone see why it may be happening? Thank you.