Hello,
I have read over almost every post in this group and still cannot
figure this out. I am sure it has to do with the way I am creating my
JSON object.

Here is the file I am broadcasting the file from.
http://www.simplifieddesign.biz/jsonTest.html

just the json

I did have var jsonObject = {"object1" : "test", "object2" : "test2"}

and

var jsonObject = ({"object1" : "test", "object2" : "test2"})

On
http://example.com/develop/wduff/cols/default.html
I have this script in the header

$.ajax({url: "http://www.simplifieddesign.biz/jsonTest.html";,
                                                dataType: "jsonp",
                                                success: function(data,
textStatus) {
                                                        alert(data.object1);
                                                },
                                                error: function(xhr, ts, err){
                                                        alert('error' + err);

/*$.getJSON("http://www.simplifieddesign.biz/jsonTest.html?
callback=?",function(json){
                                alert("JSON DATA");
                                });
                        */

As you can see I am trying both ways. Really I guess they are the
same.
I tried to put the same alert on both tries and it didnt work then I
tried just calling an alert and the basic string alert does not even
pull up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks