This can be done with CSS alone, in everything but IE 6. postion:fixed
is your friend. There are a few workarounds for IE 6, though, using
JavaScript, or IE's proprietary "behaviours" (which use JavaScript,
but are linked through stylesheets) or expressions, which are
basically JavaScript in CSS. See http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/fixedPosition.html