2008/7/14 DavCar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thank you Joel. Solved my problem.
> And I learned some valuable insights too. Much appreciated!

You are most welcome!

> Still trying to wrap my head around your beautiful and suscinct
> code :-) I'm still kind of new to the whole client-side of things.
>
> My only remaining issue is IE7's behavior in which the dropshadow
> appears a split second after the ul.sfHover appears, giving it an
> annoying snapping into place feel.

Unfortunately there is no way around that in IE7 as it can not fade
transparent png images unless they have a solid background colour -
which sort of renders the point of the drop shadow irrelevant. It was
this or no drop shadow at all in IE7. However, if you use an animation
that does not involve opacity - say, just a slide-down - then that
works fine and the shadows are there all the time just like in more
capable browsers.

> Also looking forward to the "click to display" rather than on hover
> you mentioned in one of your posts.

Yes that is going to be tackled when I get chance - my paid work has
picked up again so I can't make any promises about exactly when.

> Blessings to you,
The appreciation of a fellow human is more than enough. Thanks David.

> David Carroll

Joel Birch.