No stack or queue built into the jQuery "wrappers" around AJAX. It's
asynchronous so queuing it, by default, would turn it into a kind of
synchronous process, removing one of the features/advantages.

Having said that there are a few plugins that might help you manage
things, two of which are:

  Ajax Manager (block, abort, queue, synchronize)
  http://plugins.jquery.com/project/AjaxManager

  Ajax Queue
  http://plugins.jquery.com/project/ajaxqueue

Hope that helps.