Hi Sam,
I'm having the exact same problem when I try to "inject" jQuery using
that bookmarklet on certain sites (e.g.: reddit.com, livejournal.com,
etc...). Obviously, the cause of the problem is the JavaScript code
already on the site. All of these sites have messed with the
"Object.prototype" and/or the  "Function.prototype" and this is what I
think is causing problems. But I don't know how that could be fixed...

Let me know if you find a solution...