Jörn,

Ok, I am not sure which lib is causing the error. I am using the latest of
jQuery and Validate. I get the console error "Maximum call stack size
exceeded." This appears in the error pane of Coda which uses WebKit for
rendering. Below is the code in my <head> if it helps track the issue down.

$.validator.setDefaults({
    submitHandler: function(form) { $("#loginBtn").hide("slow");
                                    $(form).submit();
                                },
    errorClass : "error"
    });
$().ready(function() {
    $("#logon").validate({
        rules: {
            username: {
                required: true,
                minlength: 4
                },
            password: {
                required: true,
                minLength: 5
                }
            },
        messages: {
            username: {
                required: "Please enter a username",
                minLength: "Your username must consist of at least 4
characters"
                },
            password: {
                required: "Please provide a password",
                minLength: "Your password must be at least 5 characters
long"
        $("input[name=username]").focus();
    }
)

What can be done to alleviate this error?

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member