I'm not sure how to describe this any better than the headline.  I'm
at the last stage of a project so if this is available as a plugin it
would save me the time to create it.

Essentially, when clicking a select box with numerical or time values,
instead of the available choices dropping down or up, the selected
value/time would appear in the center of the box.  Later times would
appear in a selectable box above and earlier times would appear in a
box below.

Is there anything out there already like this?  It doesn't seem to be
the stuff of impossibility.... but I have been wrong before.

Thanks